FROM THE FIELDS: Santa Maria Strawberry Update
October 13, 2016
Please click here to view a Markon Live from the Fields video about the new crop harvest in Santa Maria, California.
- Markon First Crop Strawberries are not available; Markon Best Available is being substituted as needed
- The Salinas/Watsonville Season is coming to an end
- Most growers will transition south to the Santa Maria growing region for the fall season where yields are higher and quality will typically hold up better if there is inclement weather
- The variety characteristics differ from what is typically seen in fruit from the Salinas/Watsonville region; expect different size, color, and flavor
- The transition south to the Oxnard, California growing region typically takes place from mid-December to early January, depending on weather conditions
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2016 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.