FROM THE FIELDS: MFC Celery
October 05, 2016
Please click here to view a Markon Live From the Fields video about MFC Celery quality after the recent heat spike as well as what to expect during the upcoming harvesting transition.
- MFC Celery is available
- Temperatures reached the low 100s last week, causing quality problems in many other crops such as iceberg and other lettuces
- Celery is a heartier product that holds up much better during temperature swings and harvesting transitions
- Nevertheless, sunburn and scalding are being reported from celery fields
- Luckily, crews are able to remove these issues in the field
- In the coming weeks, production will move south to Oxnard, California; expect better quality at that time
- To view a photo of sunburn, click here; to view sunscald, click here
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2016 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.